Bored of Cherries? Try Berries for your Gout Treatment!
When searching for a natural remedy for your gout, cherries and cherry juice are often the first food that pops up. But we are now finding that it's not just cherries. Other berries are also helpful for lowering uric acid levels. Strawberries, blueberries, and other red-blue berries tend to be high in antioxidants, decreased purine, and have low acidity, making them perfect snacks for gout sufferers.
Gout is due to high levels of uric acid, which in turn crystallizes in the joints, especially in the toes, feet and knees. Large amounts of these sharp crystals cause painful gout flares. The goal of many natural remedies as well as prescription medications is to either lessen uric acid levels (prevention) or pain and inflammation relief from present gout flares, or both.
- Eating berries will not likely stop a gout width, but eating them regularly helps to lower uric acid levels, staving off the painful attacks.
- Some of the best berries to keep your uric acid levels low are:
How To Get Rid Of GOUT PAIN (INFLAMMATORY ARTHRITIS) With Home Remedies
HOW TO TREAT GOUT ATTACK? FIND out the best home remedies for gout pain (inflammatory arthritis). Gout is characterized by sudden, severe attacks of ...
Goutezol High Uric Acid ReliefGoutezol Gout Relief contains all natural botanicals developed to support healthy uric acid metabolism. Goutezol's ingredients have been used for many years to support healthy uric acid metabolism, helping in reducing high uric acid levels. Now they are all integrated into this special gout formula. Minimizing uric acid and supporting uric acid metabolism has been shown to eliminate the symptoms related to gout.
Click Here to Learn More »
Strawberries- Flavonoids tend to be another inhibitor of the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX), the same molecule that is inhibited through the flavonoids in cherries and by NSAIDs such as ibuprofen. Flavonoids are helpful in the reduction of swelling. Strawberries are high in flavonoids such as pelargonidin and contain small amounts of the cyanidin, delphinidin as well as petunidin. Pelargonidin is the substance which makes strawberries red.
- Blueberries- These little berries are quite full of anthocyanidin, an important flavonoid.
- As with most other berry, they're also extremely high in antioxidants.
- Eat lots of these to keep your uric acid levels as low as possible.
- Elderberries- Elderberries are great for gout as also, they are low in purine, but high in cyanidin.
- However, the red elderberries shouldn't be ingested at all, and white elderberries really should not be eaten raw.
- If you want to get the benefits of elderberries, choose elderberry juice or elderberry extracts.
Check out a tasty antioxidant-rich, low purine dessert option here at Health.com
Eating the minimum purine diet hasn't helped to be able to reduce your gout flares, talk to your doctor about colchicine, a prescription drug proven to reduce the severity and numeracy of gout attacks. With the recent price jump in the American market, consider Big Offroad Drugs, a Canadian online pharmacy providing both brand Colcrys and its generic alternative, colchicine.