Cause of Gout May also Predict Heart Failure
Timothy Spaulding, a Top Health Blogger for the Arthritis Community on Wellsphere and author of the Current Arthritis News and Research Blog explains in the recent article.
- Spaulding explains that uric acid naturally takes place in the body as a byproduct of many different food.
- High levels are best known as a cause of gout.
According to Dr. Krishnan, the "study shows that high levels of uric acid significantly increase your risk of developing heart failure later on in life."
- The good news is that the test for measuring this is very cheap and easily available.
- In fact, a simple $2-blood test may allow doctors to determine whether a patient is at risk of developing heart failure between their future.
Dr. Krishnan analyzed data obtained from the national Heart, Lung and Blood Institute participants of the Framingham Offspring cohort study. That study began in 1971 and also the participants were followed for cardiovascular events for 25 years.
- There were 4,989 participants in the Framingham Offspring study, and of those, 4,912 were eligible for Dr.
- Krishnan's examine.
- There were 196 cases of heart failure recorded.
After adjusting for a long list of variables including smoking, weight, alcohol use, diabetes, kidney problems and use of anti-hypertensive drugs, Dr. Krishnan found the occurrence of heart failure was significantly higher among those with high uric acid levels.
- So if you suffer from Gout make sure to talk to your doctor about your risk for heart problems.
- Also check out Flexcin the all-natural Joint Pain Supplement.
- The primary component of Flexcin is CM8 which relieves joint pain at its source, reduces irritation and irritation of the joints and tissues.
- It has been ideal for many sufferers of arthritis, gout, bursitis, sports injuries and fibromyalgia.
10 Foods to Avoid If You Have Joint Pain
10 Foods to Avoid If You Have Joint Pain 1. Processed and Red Meats Processed meat and red meat contain chemicals, such as nitrites and purines, that can ...