Category: Gout Treatment
How you can treat Gout at your home
Out With Gout Program - Out With Gout System
Rebounding - A Possible Exercise for Those with Gout
Looking for Natural Gout Cure? Try Cherry Juice as Cure for Gout
How to cure and prevent gout now? The best methods
Immediate Gout Pain relief - Top Remedies at Home
Can Stress Aggravate Gout?
Gout is a very painful rheumatic condition related to arthritis which has no cure, but has effective management techniques. One of the most traditional form of treatment is medication prescribed by a physician. However, there are alternative cures that can be administered either in place of, or as a complement in order to, a doctor's care. Regardless of what method is used, it is always wise to discuss your intention with your doctor prior to making any decisions and to begin treatment as soon as the condition has been diagnosed. Gout can worsen over time and result in substantial accumulation of uric acid when left untreated. This can lead to kidney disease, permanent damage to the joints, and more severe arthritis.
Diet There are a few easy changes that one can make in this diet to be able to decrease the uric acid levels in the bloodstream and joints, and also help manage other disorders usually experienced by gout patients. These issues include high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, diabetes and obesity. Limiting purine-rich foods such as beef, pork, lamb, sardines, anchovies, kidney, liver and meat gravies is recommended. The addition of raw fruits and vegetables such as celery, tomatoes and berries can reduce inflammation and acidity, and are also a great source of nutrition.
Water along with other Fluids Your organs need to be operating well in order to flush the uric acid out of the body, so it is highly recommended that a person with gout consume at least two liters of water per day. Lack of fluids can most certainly decrease kidney function and cause uric acid to build up. Research has shown that cherry juice (100%) can reduce acute gout attacks and birch leaf, celery, as well as parsley juice enhance flushing of uric acid from the filters and tissues. Alcohol could boost uric acid by speeding up the metabolism of purines causing impairment of the kidney and liver function, so it should be avoided if at all possible.
Exercise Regular exercise is essential for proper metabolism of toxins through the entire body, and relaxation techniques to reduce stress are suggested as well. Several studies have shown that being overweight can increase one's risk for gout through several-fold, and also plays a part in hypertension associated with gout. An excellent exercise with regard to gout patients is actually swimming, along with yoga.
Joint Pain Can Affect One or more Joints Joint painJoint pain can affect one or more joints.While there is no cure for joint pain, you can get relief. The treatments range from changes in your lifestyle, drugs, medical equipment and/or surgery.Lose weight: If you are overweight...
Gout and diet Nutritional information and what to avoid
Whats New - Source: Gout is a type of arthritis that is caused by an excess of a waste product called uric acid in the blood. When there is too much uric acid, ...
- Supplements There are several supplements available which are known to reduce inflammation and uric acid in the bloodstream.
- Turmeric and ginger are effective anti-inflammatory supplements, and may also ease the pain and edema.
- Fish oil supplements which contain omega-3 oils have been known to reduce swelling and pain as well.
- Foods that contain omega-3 include soy, fish, walnuts as well as fortified foods like eggs.
- Other supplements to think about for prevention and treatment based on the research for gout include selenium, vitamins A and E and aspartic acid.
- Undoubtedly, gout is a serious condition and the treatment must be personalized in both cases for the most effective and practical result.
- It is very possible that these and other alternative approaches can be combined with traditional treatment prescribed by your doctor.
- If addressed promptly, gout should not interfere in the quality of one's life.