List of Foods to avoid With Gout
- Just exactly how are your gout and the food you eat related?
- To begin with, your gout is caused by uric acid that have formed in your joints and surrounding tissue.
- These are formed when you have high levels of uric acid in your bloodstream.
- And uric acid is made when chemical compounds called 'purines' breakdown in the course of the normal metabolizing process in your body.
No problem, because your kidneys process and also excrete excess uric acid out of your body. If a kidneys just aren't functioning as well as they might, or even, your body is actually creating too much uric acid for your kidneys to handle, then excessive numbers of uric acid are stored in your body. To prevent gout you should reduce your uric acid.
- Now, purines are also present in food at varying degrees of concentrations or levels.
- The objective is to reduce or avoid those with high purine levels and replace with those foods that have relatively low levels.
- As a rule of thumb, high purine foods are high animal protein foods.
- But even some greens and legumes can have high levels in them.
- The list of these types of food is too long to go into here, yet here's a summary list of foods to avoid with gout...
Shellfish (E.G. Mussels, Scallops, Shrimp)
Some fish (e.g. herring, large mackerel, anchovies, salmon)
Organ Meats (E.G. Liver, Kidneys, Heart)
Gravy, broth, consomme, etc.
Poultry (E.G. Duck, Turkey)
Game (venison, pheasant, grouse)
Fatty Red Meat (Burgers, Mincemeat, Meat Extracts)
Yeast (baker's, brewer's, yeast extracts)
Dried Dried Beans (E.G. Peas, Beans, Lentils)
Some vegetables (e.g. cauliflower, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach)
By avoiding some of these altogether, and perhaps reducing your intake of others, you can help to reduce and manage your uric acid at healthier levels. The problem is that each person's metabolism differs, and what may cause one person a problem, may not cause another person.
- For example, I can feel to eat shrimps and prawns okay, but I know somebody who just needs to 'look' at these in order to trigger a gout attack!
- So you need to figure out what your riskfree and unsafe foods are yourself.
- Maintaining a daily food journal is an excellent way to record the outcomes of your daily diet.
Keep in mind although, that you must also face up to the other key issues that affect what you can do to eliminate your own gout regarding good; as well as your diet, you could have your weight position, yourself, family history, etc.
You're in Good Fortune Though
There's a special gout record available online see beneath that has all the information you need in a place. It is what thousands of ex-gout victims worldwide have successfully used to prevent their gout returning. It also contains a special 2 hour gout pain relief system.
And it uses fully-researched, totally natural methods. So you benefit two ways: (1) you get rid of your excruciating pain very fast, and, (2) you prevent your gout returning, so that you reduce the risk of permanent harm.
You would like to get gout pain relief in 2 hours, plus, prevent your gout returning later on, then go to http://gout-relief-today.blogspot.com and discover how you can quickly do both without expensive drugs with their horrible side effects.
7 Juices To Remove Uric Acid From Body And Relieve Gout Pain
The high level of uric acid in the body is caused when the kidneys can't effectively remove it through urine. This happens because of two conditions, either when ...