Natural Remedies for Gout
Gout is a form of joint inflammation that is caused by excess uric acid in the body. This happens due to poor diet, stress and not enough sleep. Gout causes a sudden and severe pain - you'll notice the skin over the affected joint is usually red and glossy. Often times, gout attacks come on as quickly as overnight.
Men between 30 and 50 yrs old are mostly affected by gout, for pre menopausal women, the uric acid level is lower, but after age 50 uric acid tends to increase along with the increase of gout situations.
- Primarily, gout affects one and sometimes two joints at a time; more often it attacks the feet and ankles.
- Even without healing, this subsides for about a week.
- It takes months or years before it dividends, during this time attacks become more frequent and more severe, more joints are now involved.
- And when gout becomes chronic, the damage to the joint is deforming and crippling.
Can Gout be Cured Naturally?
Curing gout naturally takes time, especially if a body has accumulated toxins over a lifetime, but it will be well worth the effort. Cleansing your system of accumulated toxins promotes proper functioning of the body and puts you on the road to natural good health.
Here's What You can Do:
Maintain a healthy weight and diet. It is not recommended to become 30 pounds (or more) overweight, as this increases the risk of gout.
Loose Weight If You Need to
By losing pounds you reduce the pressure on weight-bearing joints plus lower uric acid levels. You don't want to use practices which encourage rapid weight loss such as fasting as it can raise the uric acid level temporarily.
- Avoid excessive eating of high protein foods.
- It is suggested regarding a person to consume no more than six oz of trim meat, fish and poultry, especially those who already have gout.
- A high-protein meals increases the blood level of uric acid.
Natural Treatment for Gout
Eating simple and natural food in proper combination and preparing helps your body restore and maintain lively health. The best diet for people with gout is 80 percent raw food or even if possible organic food; these include live foods like sprouts, wheat grass, as well as fresh picked garden salads, plus more grains, fruits and vegetables in place of protein.
- The protein you'll need can come from non-animal food sources such as dried beans, such as beans, peas and lentils.
- Nuts are also essential and can include almonds, apricot nuts, and hazelnuts, as well as seeds such as hemp seed hearts, flax, and sesame.
Substance in some foods known as purines is a danger to gout patients and should be limited or avoided as much as possible.
The Foods that Contain Higher Levels of Purines Include,
Organ meats like liver, brain, kidney, language, tripe, and sweetbread.
Anchovies, Herring and Mackerel
Meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, fish roe, scallops.
Peas, lentils, and beans even though they have small amounts of purines, they should still be avoided by individuals suffering from gout.
Food not to eat with gout.
Gout, a painful form of arthritis, occurs when high levels of uric acid in the blood cause crystals to form and accumulate around a joint. Uric acid is produced ...
Balancing the actual pH within a person's body is a crucial factor in curing gout; appropriate pH produces a healthy immune system as well as internal environment. Healing of chronic illness happens when the blood is restored to normal or slightly alkaline pH.
- Exercise is an additional essential for curing aches and pains caused by gout.
- Stretching increases and maintains a range of motion in the joints and helps to be able to reinforce and stabilize them.
- This increases the stamina and stamina of your body total.
Reducing recurring use of important joints, and avoiding sports injuries by including correct warm-ups are usually also important, as it choosing suitable sports equipment regarding exercising.
Another way is treat gout naturally is actually to avoid alcoholic beverages; eating too much alcohol like beer inhibits the excretion of uric acid as well as can lead to gout. It is advised for the male to have two drinks of alcoholic beverages per day, one drink per day for women. It is best for a person who is having a gout attack to refrain from drinking alcohol.
Drinking water and is also a natural way of curing gout because it has the ability in order to dilute uric acid in both blood and urine.
Find tips about alaskan king crab thighs as well as aquarium crabs at the Catching Crabs web site.