Tips on Preventing Gout
The major cause of gout is the accumulation of uric acid in the joints. The uric acid is a chemical that is a natural part of the normal breakdown and build up of food in body tissues. The level of uric acid may be found and measured in the blood.
- The condition where there is a rise in blood's uric acid level is called hyperuricaemia.
- With the presence of such condition it is no wonder that uric acid crystals are formed in the joints.
- These crystals are responsible for the inflammation known as gouty arthritis or acute gout.
- Gout usually assaults people whose uric acid level has always been above normal.
- There are various reasons why uric acids level increases in the body:
The Higher Than Normal Uric Acid Amounts May be Inherited in a Few Families
Obesity was also found to cause gout attacks
High Alcohol and Caffeine Intake
High intake of food made up of purines
Some drugs used to treat high blood pressure and long standing renal system diseases
The first step for gout is to correct the factors that increase the levels of uric acid in the body. Individuals must also work in order to keep from eating purine rich foods since these substances are found in order to contain a lot of uric acid.
Here are Foods High in Purines and to be Avoided:
Organ beef products such as liver, kidneys, tripe, sweetbreads and tongue,
Excessive Amounts of Red Meat, Shellfish, Fish Roe and Scallops,
Peas, lentils as well as beans,
- Alcohol and caffeine intakes should be reduced.
- A glass of beer a day or much less is recommended
Crash Diets Should Also be Avoided
Some drugs for high blood pressure may need to be altered or adjusted.
Top 10 Home Remedies to Reduce Uric Acid Level
Best 10 Home Remedies to Lower Uric Acid Level Naturally. Learn how to cure and prevent gout attack and hyperuricemia using 10 natural ayurvedic home ...
- An important aspect of treating gout is lowering the uric acid levels.
- There are a few drugs that can bring down the uric acid level in the body.
- However, it should be noted that these drugs only temporarily treat symptoms of gout and should not be taken on the long-term basis.
- The dosage is based on the level of uric acid found in the body.
- Regular check ups are required in order to get to the maintenance dosage that will prevent recurrent gout episodes.
- As long as the level of uric acid continues to be lower than the normal any symptoms of gout are a remote possibility.
- Provided of course that medication is continued.
- Some drugs work by increasing elimination of uric acid from the kidney while others just hinder the organization of uric acid in the first place.
Likewise, it is important for patients using medications to be able to realize that during the first few months of treatment, it is still possible to have gout attacks, however severe gouty attacks are lessened.
Some of the complications of long time and acute cases of gout are debris of uric acid salts that could appear around the affected joint and even in tissues in the earlobes. These uric acid salts are chalk colored nodules, and are also called tophi. The presence of uric acid salts is an indication further treatment is needed.
Visit the Nail Care Tips website to learn about cutting dogs nails and yellow toe nails