Bored of Cherries? Try Berries for your Gout Treatment!
When searching for a natural remedy for your gout, cherries and cherry juice are often the first food that pops up. But we are now finding that it's not just cherries. Other berries are also helpful for lowering uric acid levels. Strawberries, blueberries, and other red-blue berries tend to be high in antioxidants, decreased purine, and have low acidity, making them perfect snacks for gout sufferers.
Gout is caused by high levels of uric acid, which in turn crystallizes in the joints, especially in the toes, feet and knees. Large amounts of those sharp crystals cause painful gout flares. The goal of many natural remedies and also prescription medications is to either reduce uric acid levels (prevention) or pain and inflammation relief from present gout flares, or both.
- Eating berries will not likely stop a gout flare, but eating them regularly helps to lower uric acid levels, staving off the painful attacks.
- Some of the best berries to keep your uric acid levels low are:
Gout Treatment Natural Gout Symptoms Remedy To Remove Uric Acid Crystals
Gout Treatment http://hydingout.org A gout remedy on how to dissolve & remove uric acid crystals and also to reduce uric acid levels while letting you eat a gout ...
Strawberries- Flavonoids tend to be an additional inhibitor of the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX), the same chemical that is inhibited from the flavonoids in cherries and by NSAIDs such as ibuprofen. Flavonoids are helpful in the reduction of swelling. Strawberries are high in flavonoids such as pelargonidin and contain small amounts of the cyanidin, delphinidin and petunidin. Pelargonidin is the substance helping to make strawberries red.
- Blueberries- These little berries are quite high in anthocyanidin, an important flavonoid.
- As with most other fruits, they are also extremely high in antioxidants.
- Eat plenty of these to keep your uric acid levels as low as possible.
- Elderberries- Elderberries are great for gout as also, they are low in purine, but high in cyanidin.
- However, the red elderberries shouldn't be ingested at all, and white elderberries should not be eaten raw.
- If you want to get the benefits of elderberries, choose elderberry juice or elderberry extracts.
Check out a tasty antioxidant-rich, low purine dessert option here at Health.com
Eating the minimum purine diet hasn't helped in order to reduce your gout flares, talk to your doctor about colchicine, a prescription drug proven to reduce the severity and numeracy of gout attacks. With the recent price jump in the United states market, consider Big Offroad Drugs, a Canadian online pharmacy supplying both manufacturer Colcrys and its generic alternative, colchicine.