Allopurinol Patient Testimonies: Arthritis Drugs - Is the Cure Worse Than the Disease?
Copyright 2005 Wendy Owen Research is always ongoing into new and better medications for arthritis that is a very good thing. But where is all this leading us?
Gout Treatment Through Prescribed Drugs or Even Medicine
You have the option of prescribed drugs treatment or natural treatment and the combination of both of the treatment. Uric acid is founded in the urine and it is a by product of purine manufactured by the breakdown of protein cells. If the uric acid crystals are not diluted properly then these crystals enters in the blood and then collect in the joints. It is very painful; the immediate treatment of gout will be to beat the intense pain, over the counter prescription drugs like Acetaminophen and also indomethacin. These two drugs are usually very useful and effective in order to overcome the pain and inflammation. As opposed to natural gout treatments the medicines works on different mechanism to reduce the level of uric acid in the blood, the medications are known as Uricosurics. Allopurinol and Cholchicine are the two famous medicines which decrease the uric acid level.
- Here's a "quick and dirty" lowdown on what's currently available both "over the counter" (OTC) as well as on prescription only.
- For mild cases of arthritis -
And getting rid of gout permanently is very important because repeat gout attacks over an extended period can leave you with kidney problems and permanent joint injury. Plus, once having suffered your first attack, you're now very much more likely to suffer a lot more.
For Tough One Arthritis-
By this stage most of us have consulted their doctor. Prescription medication at this stage normally consists of the Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDS. These do target the pain and swelling of joint disease symptoms but have a range of side effects including stomach upset, abdominal pain, and ulcers.
Some Milder Cases of Arthritis Never Make It Into the Doctor's Surgery
Indeed the sufferer might not even be aware that they are suffering from arthritis at all. They may be feeling a few aches and pains" that they put down to old age or even the cold damp weather conditions.
- Many gout sufferers have had success with this home remedy for gout.
- But whilst it can be effective, there are lots of other natural gout remedies that you can use.
- So get to know them in case apple cider vinegar just does not work properly for you.
- Osteoarthritis is often able to be diagnosed by its characteristic symptoms of pain, decreased movement and/or deformity.
- Osteoarthritis can be confirmed with an x-ray.
- Common x-ray findings include narrowing of the joint space in between bones, a loss of cartilage and bone spurs or bone tissue growths.
Although there is little evidence for the effectiveness of complementary therapies in treating osteoarthritis, 60 percent of people with all forms of arthritis have used or are using one type or another. If you have severe side-effects as a result of treatment, you may find acupuncture or reflexology helpful in relieving pain.
Apple cider vinegar has been used lower the ages for all manner of hardships, including gout, and has proved to be pretty effective.
But, to have the best possible chance of a gout cure, you need to understand a whole lot of additional issues that can help to cause gout; for example, your diet, your weight, lifestyle, medications, underlying medical conditions, family history, etc.
- Of course we need effective pain medication for arthritis to enable sufferers to live normal lives.
- But are all these expensive medications controlling the disease or simply masking the symptoms?
There are two main reasons the reason why you might have high uric acid and those are; your kidneys aren't working with full potential and so can't process and excrete the normal levels of acid your body produces, or, your body is producing too much for your normally healthy kidneys to deal with.
People with high blood pressure, those with kidney difficulties and especially people who have heart problems are especially at risk with NSAIDS.
Gout experiences - see a preview
People share their experience of what it's like to have gout. See more videos like this at http://healthtalk.org/peoples-experiences/bones-joints/gout/topics.
What is Primary Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis in the primary stage has no directly familiar cause but is often posited as one of those diseases associated with aging. Scientific research indicates that chances for osteoarthritis become higher as one age groups. This is because as one age range, water accumulates in the joints thus affecting cartilage protein structure. As a result, cartilages in joint parts degenerate right up until eventually they become brittle and breakdown.
- That may be all well and good, but actually OTC medications can be dangerous if taken over a long period of time.
- The concept of more will be better" can also happen if the pain gradually becomes worse.
- This can lead to serious side effects.
Stinging nettle as well as horsetail tea is very effective to decrease the uric acid Horseradish and parsley juices
- OTC medications include aspirin as well as ibuprofen.
- These medicines can cause intestinal bleeding and kidney damage in large doses.
- Aspirin also destroys vitamin C in the body leading to lower immunity.
Birch leaf and celery as well as mustard are also very useful to flush out the uric acid through urine
- Enter the COX-2 inhibitors.
- These have been designed for people whose stomach problems can't tolerate the aforementioned.
- Unfortunately the risks remain for chest pain, heart attack and stroke victims.
Bony enlargements and osteophyte formation Crepitus (crackling, milling noise with movement) Joint effusion (swelling) Diagnosis
- All begins with having higher-than-normal levels of uric acid in your body.
- Under these conditions -- known as hyperuricemia -- tiny needle-like crystals can form and be deposited in your joints, as an example gout your foot.
Treatment for Osteoarthritis
Acetaminophen (Tylenol): has been shown to be as effective as nonsteroidal medication in treating the pain of knee osteoarthritis. Individuals should keep their dose of acetaminophen to be able to under 2000 mg a day as higher doses could cause kidney disease.
Soothing devil's claw and cleansing poke underlying, these herbs are also very effective for gout treatment
Blood tests may be used in order to exclude other possible disorders but they cannot diagnose osteoarthritis.
There are many gout remedies out there, such as drug-based medications, but here we are looking at using apple cider vinegar...
Osteoarthritis is caused by two main reasons: 1) Trauma to the joints and/or 2) a predominantly alkaline body chemistry. If you were to sustain a trauma to a given joint understanding that body part sustained misalignment and damage; at some point that joint will wear out if specific measures are not taken.
- Whichever the reason, and it can be both working at the same time, you end up with excess uric acid in your blood.
- So you have to reduce this excess if you are to cure your gout in the foot.
Also available mainly to Rheumatoid Arthritis patients are Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDS) These work by stopping the immune system from attacking the joints. DMARDS may take up to three months to reduce symptoms but they do help to stop shared damage even though they can't repair virtually any prior damage.
Associated diseases: the presence of other connected diseases, infections, diabetes, and various other forms of circulating arthritis, such as rheumatoid osteoarthritis or gout
Genetics: having a genealogy of osteoarthritis or congenital defects of joint parts, spine, or leg abnormalities
- Biologics suppress the immune system that leaves people prone to infections.
- They are also very expensive and can't be stored without freezing.
- Long term use of these may produce sleep problems, weight gain, osteoporosis and loss of immunity.
- Conveniently obtainable to those for whom nothing else seems to work are Biologic Response Modifiers Biologics).
- Biologics are derived from live options, plants and animals and are not really manufactured chemically.
- They are mainly used for sufferers of Rheumatoid Arthritis and are given intravenously or perhaps by injection.
- They can not be used tablet form.
For Advanced Arthritis-
For those suffering extreme pain and swelling the medical profession brings out the heavy artillery - Corticosteroids. These types of drugs contain man made cortisone and can be injected directly into the affected joints or taken orally.
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis and is also called degenerative joint disease. In this form of arthritis, the cartilage that covers the ends of the bones that hook up at the joint wears away, exposing the bone and causing pain. This condition may also entail a decrease in the amount of joint fluid, called synovial fluid, that cushions the joint, as well as changes in the ligaments and muscles that strengthen the joint.
Before discussing if apple cider vinegar can cure gout in the foot or not, we really need to get a good understanding of what causes gout in the first place...
- Reheat the mixture if you need to and repeat.
- Remember not to make use of boiling water.
- And test the temperature prior to deciding to put your foot in.
Gout Attacks All of a Sudden on the Joints, Mostly It Attacks on the Big Toe
The pain of gout is very scary and, sometimes it occurs at the midnight and makes you feel painful and helpless. There are two options of gout treatment or for the prevention of gout. First option is prescribed drugs by the physician and second option you have is actually from the natural treatment. When gout attacks first time in your body then you should want to steer clear of the future gout attacks and want to prevent the complications and side effects of gout such as kidney stones and immobility of chronic degeneration of joints.
When Gout Attack Hit Your Joints Next It Makes Your Joint Red and Warmth
This usually happens when the level of uric acid increase in your bloodstream. When all the symptoms of gout discovers then the doctor may recommend you gout treatment. He prescribed drug drugs or natural treatment for gout. He may also suggest you to a diet. According to the report of Centers for Disease Control approximately 3.3 million percent people in the United States of America suffering from this disease and mostly are the men.
Osteoarthritis Symptoms Joint pain in rainy weather Deep aching joint pain that will get worse after exercise or getting weight on it and is relieved by rest
Natural treatments for arthritis are available and can significantly stop some cases of arthritis, relieve pain and inflammation and in some cases, reverse joint damage.
Although these types of drugs are a boon to many, they work mainly at covering up the symptoms of arthritis and can't reverse the damage already caused. Most people thinks that is impossible, it isn't!
Natural Remedy for Gout
Vitamins and the herbs are very effective treatment for gout. Bromelain is also very effective in gout treatment because it is anti inflammatory derivative pineapple. Vitamin c is also very useful. In case you are confused between gout natural treatments and traditional treatment then you should consult to your doctor. There are some natural medications for gout treatment which decrease the level of uric acid in the blood. These remedies are as follows.
Apple Cider Vinegar as a Drink to Treat Gout in the Foot
For drinking, all you need to do is mix 2 to 3 teaspoons of vinegar into a large glass of water as well as stir thoroughly. Drink a glass 3 times per day. I can drink it no issue, but if you can't abide the taste, just add a little honey.
Osteoarthritis - Cause Excess weight puts extra strain on the joints, particularly the large weight-bearing joints, such as the knees, hips, and balls of the feet. Experts estimate that every 1 lb (0.5 kg) of body weight means at least 3 lb (1.4 kg) of stress in the knee joint, and even more at the hip joint. Studies show that weight loss can decrease the symptoms of leg osteoarthritis or the chances of developing those symptoms.
Definitely Worth a Try!
About the author:Find away about the healthy way to treat osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and fibromylagia. Visit: http://www.natural-arthritis-medication.com and sign up for our part course. Wendy Owen will be a health researcher and author.
Terms of gout, it is believed that, when drunk, apple cider vinegar changes your blood pH in a way that helps to alleviate high uric acid blood levels. But it may also be used to treat the swelling and painful pain of gout, when applied directly to the affected area, e.g. gout in the foot.
- Caution You should only use these drugs if your doctor prescribed because many of the medicine have some major unwanted effects.
- If you in the process of gout treatment then you should drink at least 96 oz water daily.
- But, in order to be effective, it should be raw, un-distilled, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
- The kind that has a sediment in the bottom of the bottle, called the 'mother.'
Apple Cider Vinegar to Reduce Swelling and Relieve Gout Pain
You use this as a soak. Merely make up a mixture in the ratio of 1/2 cup of vinegar to 3 cups of hot water. If you need more, then use 1 cup vinegar to 6 cups of hot water. Soak your base for around 30 minutes.
So, in order to discover how to prevent recurring gout from damaging your wellbeing, please go now to www.thegoutsite.com.