Remedy For Gout: A Few Important and Useful Facts on Colchicine
Until a few days back, gouty arthritis was a disease that was common amongst people beyond the age group of 50 roughly. However, it is quite an alarming fact that the illnesses is spreading like a bonfire amongst the youth also. The prime cause leading to such a situation is the approach to life that man leads today. Inevitably, gout is a result of the increase in the level of uric acid in human blood. This acid accumulates in the joints and form crystals, which have an inflammatory and painful effect on the affected portion. This kind of acid comes from the intake of junk food and meat items like the brain as well as liver. Today's youth, is however dependent on such food items rather than normal diet programs. However, it is not tough to get rid of this disease. Generic Colchicine is the miracle drug that can eradicate gout from its roots. let us know a few facts about it.
- The patients who were primarily men with an average age of 55 years, had a significantly better response to pegloticase than to placebo.
- Also, a lot more of the patients who took the drug had more complete resolution of tophi.
- The patients who took pegloticase also noticed improved physical function.
- Aubergines or perhaps eggplants, tomatoes and red peppers can cause gout attacks.
- There is no general evidence in support of this.
- Although some people may have experienced gout attacks to these foods as an allergic reaction but only in remote or rare cases.
Co-Workers a Lot More Supportive Than Family
Another interesting aspect of the 2011 Arthritis Awareness survey was to determine the level of support and awareness provided by various groups of people, such as spouses, family members, household members and co-workers. The majority of survey participants feel that co-workers give much more support and awareness compared with other family members. More than half (56.3%) said they feel co-workers offer a higher level of support and total awareness compared to that of family members.
Can Always be Used for Chronic Gout
Those who experience gout attack, only once or so a year, can do with consuming just a single 0.5 or 0.6 mg tablet thrice or four times on a weekly basis. However, if the attacks tend to be more frequent, you would need to the drug is to be taken daily. Thus, the frequency of the drug intake would go up with the severity of the condition.
Gout is more common in people who are overweight, beverage excessive amounts of alcohol or who have high cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure. Men produce gout more often than women. Women are more likely to develop gout after menopause. Gout also tends to run in families.
When you take all of this into account, that 50 million number is easily multiplied several times over," said Tamer Elsafy, CEO and founder of Flexcin. "In reality, it would probably be very difficult to find someone who doesn't know one person that has some type of arthritis."
- Facts: There are not any definite home remedies with regard to gout to prevent gout pains from recurring.
- No matter how many people claim that which home remedy took away their gout pains for good, this is not at all true.
- Different cures have different effects on different people.
- This is one reason why until now, there still is no definite cure for gout and gout pains.
Gout Attacks Continue for Several Years, an Individual May Develop Tophi
These are uric acid crystals that form lumps under the skin. Tophi generally occur on the toes, fingers, hands and elbows. A patient may also create kidney disease or kidney stones from uric acid crystals that collect in the urinary tract.
As a rule, home remedies for gout usually are not discouraged because there are some cases that they were proven effective. However, medical researchers have a reason to believe that the physiology of certain individuals contribute largely in creating a positive or negative reaction to these home remedies for gout.
The combination of physical characteristics and genetic compositions differ from one person to another, hence some people may react in a different way for each type of remedy.
Gout is a form of osteoarthritis due to the buildup of uric acid crystals in one or more important joints. Uric acid is a byproduct that is produced when certain foods containing purines are metabolized. Although uric acid normally is excreted through the filtering system into the urine, people who have gout have an accumulation of uric acid in the joints. This causes a great inflammatory reaction leading to pain and swelling in the affected joints.
- An increased risk for gout comes with eating foods rich in purines.
- Examples are: salmon, sardines, organ meats, asparagus, mushrooms and also herring.
Clinical tests try and arrive at home remedies for gout that will produce benefits to a great number of people, who are more or less in the same levels of body condition and metabolic compositions.
- Not a Painkiller It should be used only to treat gouty arthritis and not any other form of swelling or pain.
- It is not a painkiller; neither can it completely remove uric acid from the entire body.
Flexcin thinks a strong support network may significantly help a person coping with degenerative joints," added Mr. Elsafy. "It's important for other people to be aware of certain issues arthritis sufferers deal with on a day-to-day basis to increase the amount of support offered."
Uloric works by blocking an enzyme called xanthine oxidase, which helps prevent uric acid production, reducing elevated uric acid levels.
The second group of treatments can lower the amount of uric acid in the bloodstream and also reduce the amount of uric acid in the joints and kidneys.
- Not treated, a gout attack could last for days or even weeks.
- With more episodes, more joints can become affected, and the attacks will go longer.
Patients Should be Counseled to Avoid Alcohol and Foods that are High in Purines
Medicines can prevent future gout attacks. Medicines are divided into two groups. Non-steroidal-anti-inflammatory drug treatments (NSAIDS) and colchicines are drugs that may abort an acute strike. They do not lower the amount of uric acid in the system.
Flexcin International, which makes CM8-based degenerative joint supplements for people and pets, is constantly working with many of these people to help make their lives better. As part of being a proceeds sponsor 0f the Arthritis Base, and in preparation for Arthritis Awareness Month in May, Flexcin was curious to know the level of awareness and support from all the people who touch someone living with arthritis.
Flexcin conducted a national survey through April to find out how aware a person's support system is when they have arthritis.
Other Joint Pain: 11.9%
Women Receive Less Help Than Men Through the responses, the most significant and notable item was feedback received from people who feel they receive a different level of support and awareness from each other. The majority of women (78.3%) said they feel like they get very little support when it comes to common awareness of issues involving their arthritis. Conversely, most men said they are satisfied with the level of support and awareness they receive (65.6%) coming from family.
- Andrew Greens is one of the most skillful authors on gouty arthritis, as well as the drug that cures it, i.e.
- Generic Colchicine.
- He suggests his / her readers to go to BlueSkyDrugs.com/Product/Colcrys for further information.
But in looking at the greater picture, arthritis affects a much larger population of people. Consider all the spouses, siblings, kids, partners, neighbors, co-workers, friends and other extended family members who all share a part in assisting, helping or simply supporting someone living with arthritis.
Who Participated in the Questionnaire
During the 2011 Arthritis Awareness Month questionnaire in April, approximately 1,350 people living with some form of arthritis or joint pain problems participated in the online survey. Respondents came from all over the nation, including California, New York, Florida, Illinois, Texas, and many other states. This is a break down of the type of arthritis respondents said they have:
Has been well-documented that in a few jobs, people actually spend more time with co-workers than they do their real family in a given week," said Mr. Elsafy. "This closeness and bond that develops among co-workers can continue in order to areas such as helping others in a variety of life situations just like having arthritis."
New drug, febuxostat (Uloric) is the first new treatment option to be approved by the FDA in more than four decades. The FDA approved the drug in 40 mg. and also 80 mg. strengths. Takeda, the company that developed the drug, initially requested approval for 80 mg. and 120 mg versions, but the agency was concerned about possible cardiovascular side effects stemming from the higher doses.
The 2011 Arthritis Awareness Month survey has been open to anyone suffering from any form of arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus or other joint-related pain, illness or disability. The purpose was to get a better picture of what type of support people receive while they are coping with the condition. Results from the twelve-question survey may help paint a picture between men and women dealing with arthritis, and the level of support they receive on any given day. Flexcin will also use the results to build additional awareness for arthritis and joint-pain related issues.
- Again, different people have different responses to different foods.
- Beside, you should not discount the fact tomatoes are beneficial as a good source of Vitamin c, which helps lessen uric acid crystallization.
Moreover, people suffering from gastrointestinal conditions, cardiac problems or those who are hypersensitive to these drugs should avoid using Colchicine.
Water is very effective and best natural gout treatment Gout disease is just like arthritis, it result severe pain in different joints of the body. Generally gout occurs in the big toe. Men are most affected by this disease than women. You can deal with and cure this disease simply by different methods....
According to the Arthritis Foundation:
Today, one in five Americans is living with the pain of arthritis. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) projects that by the year 2030, an estimated 67 million people in the U.S. will be affected by arthritis, up from current estimates of 50 million. Even more alarming is the fact that the prevalence of osteoarthritis, the most common kind of arthritis, continues to rise even though it can often be prevented by staying active through enjoyable physical activities such as walking.
Affecting more than 50 million Americans, arthritis is one of the leading causes of disability in the United States. Clearly, arthritis is a problem for a lot of people living with any number of forms of the disease, like gout, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriatic osteoarthritis, etc. With May serving as 2011 Arthritis Awareness Month, there is increased awareness on the issues surrounding arthritis.
Oily Fish Have Better Benefits as Compared to Other Meat Products
Eating oily fish like herring, sardines, kippers, spanish mackerel, pilchards and tuna twice in a week but only in small portions, help relieve gout swelling. This is due to the fact that oily fish and cod liver oil contain omega 3 fatty acids which has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Some Precautionary Measures
Just like any other drug, Colchicine also has its own side effects. However, one can rest assured that most of these side effects aren't very serious and can be cured gradually. One would have to follow a few preventive methods, while consuming Colchicine. A pregnant woman should never be treated with this drug. It could have a very adverse effect on the fetus.
Alvin Hopkinson is a leading researcher in the area of remedies and gout treatment. Discover how you can have immediate gout relief using proven natural home remedies, all without using harmful medications or perhaps drugs. Visit his site right now at http://www.goutremoval.com.
- So much has been said and written about home remedies for gout, it may often lead people into confusion as to what is true and what is not.
- Let us tackle some matters about gout and separate each fact from your fallacy:
Level of Awareness Inside the Household
Spouses and family members play an integral role in helping people with arthritis get through each day. Sometimes, just being aware and sensitive to the fact that a person is dealing with a painful bout of arthritis can make a significant difference in their quality of life on a particular day. In the survey, 67.4% of respondents said other members of the household are never aware of the arthritis, or just sometimes aware. Also, 64.4% of respondents said others in the home never take an interest in their daily issues with arthritis, or perhaps every now and then. This could take the form of asking questions to learn more or be more aware, reading up on what it's like to have joint disease, or generally making a person's life easier through alter.
- Allopurinol is often a medicine that reduces the metabolism of uric acid from purines.
- It is effective but has much potential toxicity.
- Pegloticase was successful in treating 40 percent of patients.
- Successful treatment was defined as having uric acid readings within the normal range at least 80 percent of the time in months three and six.
The patients were randomly assigned to receive half a year of intravenous treatment with either pegloticase or a placebo. One group of patients received 8 milligrams of pegloticase every two weeks, another group received 8 milligrams of pegloticase every a month, and a third group received the placebo.
- Uloric has been evaluated in clinical trials involving a lot more than 4,000 people.
- The most common side effects reported were liver function abnormalities, nausea, joint pain and rash.
Chrisanne is a Marketing Director At Flexcin International, Inc
Flexcin & FlexPet are usually all-natural Joint Supplements. The primary component of Flexcin & FlexPet is CM8, which reduces joint discomfort at its source, lowers irritation and irritation of the joints and tissues. It has been helpful for many sufferers of arthritis, gout, bursitis, sporting activities injuries and fibromyalgia.
Cider Vinegar, Selenium, and Also Molasses are Also Effective Gout Remedies
The effects of these treatments have been touted as placebo effects or mind over matter effects. They have also been cited as causes for allergy symptoms, therefore it is not generally recommended as gout remedy.
- Gout-friendly diet is one that includes plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and only a portion of meat, oily fish and chicken meat.
- This is the basic gout diet.
- Fad diet programs highly publicized in magazines and also books as the latest wonders should not be gobbled up too easily.
- Again, different strokes for different folks.
How to Treat
When you are having a severe gout attack, you would need to start with a tablet of 1.0 or 1.2 mg first and later at regular intervals of an hour or two, a tablet of 0.5 in order to 0.6 mgs is to be taken. This must continue until complete relief is achieved. However, if a point is reached when you are affected by diarrhea, the intake of the drug must be stopped.
- Patients who took pegloticase had much more serious adverse side effects than those who took the placebo.
- This may limit the usefulness of the drug in order to more severe cases.
- Patients should maintain proper fat.
- Other co-morbid conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes should be treated.
- Probenicid is a drug that creates a patient in order to urinate out more uric acid.
- It is effective in younger patients who excrete normal numbers of uric acid in the urine and who have normal kidney function.
- Xanthine oxidase is the same chemical that allopurionol works on but Uloric apparently has many fewer side effects.
- In several clinical trials, febuxostat was more effective than both placebo and allopurinol.
Gout causes, Symptoms and Treatment, How to prevent Gout
Gout causes, Symptoms and Treatment, How to prevent Gout.
Some Cancer Drugs
Pyrazinamide, a drug used to treat tuberculosis Symptoms of gout usually occur out of the blue and often start at night. The big toe joint is a favorite target. However, other joints such as the feet, ankles, knees, hands and wrists can be affected. The joint(s) become red, hot as well as swollen. The pain can be intense.
- Green lipped mussels and also seaweeds can be beneficial as gout remedies.
- This is probably true in isolated cases but not as a broad treatment, since there is no medical evidence to support this.
Losing Weight is Likely to Make a Gout Sufferer Manage His or Her Gout Attacks Much Better
Losing weight means lessening the pressure on your joints while suffering from gout pains. Losing weight may also mean that the levels of your uric acid may have gone down. Still, losing weight does not mean you are costfree from gout and may still encounter gout attacks from time to time.
Arthritis, Osteoarthritis arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, septic arthritis: 65.2% Rheumatoid arthritis: 19.6% Gout or perhaps pseudogout: 3.3%
History The meadow salfron as well as the autumn crocus are the common names of Colchicum autumnale, whose seeds are dried in order to derive Colchicine from them. Its use dates back to the 19th century i.e. 1810. Colchicum is basically a great alkaloid.
The drug pegloticase (Puricase) may help gout patients that have had no luck with other treatments, according to researchers who studied 212 patients who had run out of treatment options.
- Fallacies Eating lemon or lime fruits can cause gout attacks.
- Food substances have different types of acid, hence, there is no medical support to the claim that citrus acid triggers gout attacks.
- Forms The 0.5 and also 0.6 mg pills of Colchicine are the most popular forms.
- Nevertheless, the intravenous forms are also available, but aren't in much use as this form will have serious toxic effects on the individual.
- There can be a great divide in the way men and women talk, which includes listening," said Mr.
- Elsafy. "Many times, just listening can lead to the ability to create an environment that offers more support and awareness."
Medicines that can cause gout include: Fluid pills used to treat high blood pressure Niacin (a B-complex vitamin) Low doses of aspirin Cyclosporine, a medicine used to prevent the body from rejecting a new organ after transplant surgery
Nathan Wei, MD FACP FACR is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist. For more info: Arthritis" http://www.arthritis-treatment-and-relief.com/arthritis-treatment.html" Arthritis Treatment and Tendonitis Therapy Tips.