Gout Information: Gout: Not just for Men
Gout, a form of arthritis that seems to be more common in men than in women, in fact does not discriminate according to gender. Women can suffer from this particular painful condition, too, especially after the menopause. Some studies even suggest that there is a definite increase in women with gout, particularly among the aging female population. The exact reason for the rise of gout among women remains uncertain. An Increase in age, obesity, alcohol consumption, hypertension, and diuretic use have traditionally been associated with the risk of developing gout among women and men.
Krystexxa is not intended for use in the common gouty arthritis patient, most of which can be treated with more traditional gout medications such as Colcrys (generic colchicine) or Zyloprim (generic allopurinal). Currently, the new injectable gout drug costs about $5000 a month. It's hoped that gout patients who respond well in order to the treatment could ultimately use cheaper gout medications.
- There a wide range of low purine foods that will make up the majority of the diet for gout sufferers and also the overweight.
- These include:
Weight is an Issue that Needs to be Addressed
Excess weight puts extra stress on the joints and drastically increases the chance of gout and also hyperuricemia. Sensible weight loss which avoids extra purines is the right way for gout sufferers to lose weight without increasing the risk of illness. High protein diets can be dangerous as most protein comes from meat as well as fish. Furthermore avoid low carbohydrate diets; instead maintaining a balance of various nutrients.
- With prolonged hyperuricemia due to bad lifestyle, excessive amounts of uric acid are in fact accumulated in the body.
- This then allows the uric acid in order to crystallize as sodium urate in the joints.
- This is what triggers the painful attack of gout.
- By just how the information contained in this article is not medical advice, nor should it be taken as medical advice.
- This is perfect for informational purposes only.
- As always with a physical illness you should consult your personal physician right away.
- Please! continue reading.
The old days gout sufferers used to have to drastically change their diet to relieve and prevent gout symptoms. However present day medicine has eliminated this particular requirement. Regardless of medications however, it will help you to go through some diet restrictions so as to reduce your weight and the severity of the gout assaults.
When you could have seriously ill people who have no options, 40 percent is actually pretty good," said Dr. Michael Becker from the University of Chicago," author of the most recent study, which was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. "Gout can be a really serious and disabling disease."
- To prevent getting sick from the symptoms of gout, that becomes imperative to reduce one's uric acid levels in the body.
- This can be done with healthy lifestyle.
- Furthermore, your doctor can assist you with a blood test to diagnose your serum uric acid level.
- Sometimes, a form of medication is needed to decrease the levels of uric acid.
- But changing the bad lifestyle habits remains as the best way to avoid gout episodes.
- Drinking a lot of water can have a positive effect on gout as water helps in the removal of uric acid which is what gout sufferers need.
- Furthermore, as you know water will help you to digest your food more thoroughly and help also flush the surplus through your body.
Alex Ray Advocates Regarding Affordable Access to Healthcare and Medication
She recommends Big Mountain Drugs as a trusted on the internet Canadian pharmacy from which to buy allopurinol and colchicine for gout. For more information about gout and gout medication, visit the online source www.colchicine.ca.
More not too long ago, gives of BioCryst Pharmaceuticals rose 12% upon the release of the results of its phase 2b randomized, double-blind, study from the investigational gout drug BCX4208. BCX4208 is a novel enzyme inhibitor that acts upstream of xanthine oxidase in the purine metabolism pathway to reduce serum uric acid (sUA).
All three groups who were given lesinurad confirmed considerably lower uric acid levels at the conclusion of the month. The percentage of patients who achieved the target for uric acid levels after treatment was 28% in the placebo group, 71% in the 200 mg group, 76% in the 400 mg group, and 87% in the 600 mg group.
- You are an avid meat eater you may find it hard to sit in a virtually meat free diet.
- Consider tofu as a meat choice.
- It has a rough texture and is filling like meat.
One thing that we do know is that we have a larger aging population than in the past, and it continues to grow. The number of women who develop gout has doubled. Women need to consult with their doctors if they think that they are experiencing the pain of undiscovered gout.. Simply because it has been traditionally associated with men and getting older, often women are not diagnosed as early as they could have been, postponing treatment. Colcrys 0.6mg tablets may be prescribed for prevention and treatment of gout.
Low fibre breads and cereals 2. Vegetables 3. Fruit juice 4. Low fat cheese 5. Nuts 6. Peanut butter 7. Sauces (without meat) 8. Strawberries 9. Dark berries.
- As you can see a diet for gout is a healthy diet, which can also help you to lose weight.
- The one thing that will give you the edge in Losing weight is to act.
- Do it at this time.
- You won't lose weight if you don't start today:
Gout, is not just a disease for men. It is also in increasing numbers of women suffer from gout. Colcrys 0.6 milligrams tablets may be prescribed for prevention and treatment of gout. Take a look at more gout information at http://www.colchicine.ca/
The Avoidance of Alcohol is an Important Factor for You to Keep in Mind
Excessive alcohol affects the removal of uric acid from your body. A gout attack compounded with alcoholic beverages can go bad very quickly, as hyperuricemia may appear. Ideally alcohol should be completely eradicated by all gout sufferers.
Healthy Lifestyle Remains as the Best Way to Prevent Almost Any Disease and Illness
This article explains why the healthy living as gout avoidance is still the best gout remedy of all. A number of family members in my family are suffering from uric acid pain and gout. Since they have developed the habit of becoming aware of the foods they must avoid like purine rich foods and alcohol, we have grown to be aware that there is the possibility that these family illnesses can be passed on to us, the youngsters.
Ardea Biosciences has been the first one to mention successful clinical trials of its experimental gout drug RDEA594, also known as Lesinurad. Lesinurad's mechanism of action is different from that of the commonly prescribed xanthine oxidase inhibitors gout medications (such as allopurinol and febuxostat), which decrease the development of uric acid.
Other foods that are particularly full of purines are: Mackerel Sardines dried coffee beans dried peas liver kidney anchovies
Armed with these extraordinary new results, Savient Pharmaceuticals intends to amp up marketing of its new gout drug in the US and other countries. Up to now, their marketing efforts have largely been aimed at rheumatologists, but they now plan to expand their efforts to include primary care physicians. "This really right now is the foundation for our launch of period 2 into the primary care audience," said Savient Chief Executive Officer John Johnson.
Have you ever slammed a car door on your fingers? Maybe you have experienced the hot, searing, excruciating pain which shoots through your own hand, which radiates through out your whole body, when you do this? For those who have then you have a tiny idea of what gout suffers go through for hours at a time.
Where Possible These Foods Must be Avoided Whenever Following a Diet for Gout
There are many other diet tips that can help in order to minimize the occurrence of gout and help you lose weight while doing so. These are just a couple of suggestion which may help you. Again check with your doctor to make sure it's ok to use these tips.
Fighting The good Fight against Arthritis Symptoms Managing your arthritis may feel impossible. Not only does it complicate a number of everyday tasks, but this can be excruciating. But as difficult as dealing with arthritis may seem, there are a number of things that can be done to help. This...
You are on the heavy side and your body fat is above the ideal, you are up to four times more likely to get gout in the future in comparison to someone with normal weight. Keeping the ideal weight won't prevent you from gout but will also lower the risk of a heart disease and more stable blood pressure. For the future, researches are now trying to identify the link between high levels of uric acid and other ailments like heart disease and hypertension. Keeping a healthy lifestyle remains the best option to prevent each one of these diseases.
At this point, Lesinurad appears the more promising of the two gout medicines, and the most likely to hit the market first. This outperformed BCX4208 in early clinical trials, and is farther forward in the development and approval process. But individual responses to drugs vary, and gout patients will benefit from having two new approaches to relieving the symptoms of this painful condition.
Some Facts Surrounding the Probability of Developing Gout Show Consistency
Men between the ages of 40 and 50 appear to be the most notable candidates. Women rarely show symptoms before menopause. Children and young adults are even less likely to be stricken with this painful illness. Heredity affects whether a person develops gout. Having a genetic predisposition accounts for about 18% of the cases.
Gout is a type of arthritic illness which occurs in a mans extremities such as the fingers, elbows, knees and toes. Uric acid is actually the cause of gout and when there is extreme uric acid in the bloodstream, crystal deposits kind in your joints which causes puffiness, redness and excruciating pain.
Johnson says the pharmaceutical company "expects to see several velocity within sales" as a result of their increased target market. The company is said to be disappointed in the $1.4 million bucks in net sales the gout treatment generated in the first six months after receiving Fda approval.
Its mechanism of action complements xanthine oxidase inhibitors for example allopurinol as well as febuxostat in reducing uric acid production, and BCX4208 is intended as an add-on therapy for those gouty joint disease patients who don't respond well to current gout medication.
Krystexxa Emerged Intravenously Over a Minimum of Two Hours Every Two Weeks
The Food and drug administration has warned that patients should be given a corticosteroid and antihistamine before infusions because of a high risk of allergic reaction. Other common side effects of Krystexxa are gout flare ups (which occurred in 80% of the recent trial participants), nausea and vomiting, chest pain, constipation, nasal irritation and bruising at the injection site.
- Do you eat a lot of meat, especially reddish meat?
- If you do it will help you to get rid of those extra pounds by restricting yourself to 6 oz. of meat per day (preferably chicken or fish).
- In addition it will reduce the chances of a gout attack occurring.
- This is due to the purines found in meats.
- If gout sufferers eat a lot of food that contains purines (a chemical) then uric acid can form, leading to gout.
- As the number of women who have gout increases, there are other issues that can also arise.
- For instance, women with gout may be 39% more likely to have a heart attack based on some studies.
- However, the rise in the risk of heart attack for men with gout is far less.
- Lesinurad is often a URAT1 transporter inhibitor that raises elimination of uric acid through the kidneys.
- Lesinurad is also active towards another important regulator of urate secretion, OAT4.
- OAT4 is thought to be responsible for the high uric acid levels in gouty arthritis patients whose condition is caused or worsened by diuretics.
- You could be one of the thousands upon thousands of people who thought gout was a thing of the past.
- However, it is alive and well in today's overweight society.
- Obesity is one of the major contributors which can trigger this painful attack on your joints.
- With this kind of family history of gout, we are further oriented that this is usually passed down through the mother.
- Children have, thus, high risk in order to high levels of uric acid.
- I figured out in order to do some research to understand gout a little better.
- I found out that small amounts of uric acid are common in our human body.
- Uric acid is actually a waste material from dying cells dying.
- It likewise releases purines, which can also come from the food we eat.
- When excessive amount of uric acid is moving in the blood vessels, you are in a problem called hyperuricemia.
- Two major American drug companies are racing to get competitor new gout medications to market.
- Each gout medicines take novel approaches to treating refractory gout - gout that hasn't responded well to current treatment.
Some people who have chronically high blood levels of urate (commonly referred to as uric acid) will go on to develop gout, but not everybody. In fact, up to approximately 2/3 of the population who have higher levels of urate do not become victims of gout. Why? No one really knows for sure. Could women have less tolerance for higher levels of uric acid since before menopause their levels are generally much lower? Once again, the jury is out on this one.
- High levels of uric acid are usually the cause of gout, an extremely painful form of arthritis.
- The excess acid crystallizes into hook sharp debris in the joints, usually at the base of the big toe.
- The uric acid can also form knobby, chalky mounds called tophi.
- Tophi can be reabsorbed back into the body if uric acid levels are reduced.
- Forty percent of the trial members with tophi experienced a resolution of one or more of the lumpy deposits.
Understanding acid, alkaline and the many myths on pH
Find Your Body Type: http://bit.ly/BodyTypeQuiz How important is maintaining the acidity in your body? Dr. Berg explains what PH Level means in your body and ...
There will be increased hope for the roughly 3% of longterm, severe gout sufferers who do not respond to current gout medications. Within recent phase III trials of the new gout medication Krystexxa, an impressive 42% of refractory gout patients achieved statistically significant reductions in uric acid levels, as well as sustained these for six months. This exceeeded the target amount set for the study by the drug's manufacturer, Savient Pharmaceuticals. In comparison, these gout patients in the trial that received a placebo saw no reduction in uric acid levels.
- You are overweight you are a prime candidate to get hit with a sever circumstance of gout.
- This article will explain how to lose weight with a diet for gout.
Discover the Top Ways to Lose Weight Fast.
The Lesinurad study involved 208 gout patients who had high blood urate levels for at least A few months, even while taking the gout drug allopurinol. Sufferers continued on allopurinol and were randomly assigned to receive either a placebo or lesinurad at doses of 200 mg, 400 mg, or 600 mg for four weeks.
- All but one of the doses showed that BCX4208 was superior to the placebo when obtained with allopurinol.
- The BCX4208 doses examined in the study showed response rates ranging from 33% in order to 49%, compared to 18% for those taking the placebo.
- Gout, for the information of those who have not yet experienced it, is an unexpected, excruciating, burning pain.
- It is usually along with swelling and inflammation in the affected area.
- Gout is considered to be more popular with the affluent people who developed the habit of consuming regularly while enjoying rich foods.
- Nevertheless, gout still affects people from all walks of life.
Krystexxa (generic name plegloticase) has been FDA approved in 2010 based on earlier clinical trials. The brand new gout medicine, which is administered by intravenous infusion, is derived from an animal hormone. The pegloticase mechanism of action is different than that of other gout drugs - it converts uric acid to a nontoxic byproduct that is easily excreted in the urine.
Like Lesinurad, BCX4208 was studied in gouty arthritis patients who had experienced high blood urate levels for at least 6 months, despite taking the gout drug allopurinol. The 279 study participants were randomly assigned to take BCX4208 at doses of both 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, or 40 mg once daily for 12 weeks. One group of sufferers was given a placebo. Just about all participants were also given allopurinal 300 mg once-daily.
Alex Ray Advocates for Affordable Access to Healthcare and Medication
She recommends Big Mountain Drugs as a reliable online Canadian pharmacy from which to buy colchicine as well as allopurinol with regard to gout. For more information about gout and gout medication, visit the online resource www.colchicine.ca.